Mr. and Mrs. Scone Ranger (a.k.a. David and Evelyn Ainley) reside in Spokane, Washington…just a “scone’s throw away” from the iconic Milk Bottle Ice Creamery and Garland Theater.
In May 2010, The Scone Ranger first “set up shop” at the North Side Farmer’s Market at Francis and Lidgerwood. The following year, in June 2011, The Scone Ranger moved to the Spokane Public Market, where the delectable treats beckoned customers from a lighted display case, until its closure on March 8, 2014.
We offer wholesale pricing to coffee shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. If you know of a coffee shop or other venue that might be interested in carrying Scone Ranger scones, please see our Contact Information to set up an appointment complete with plentiful samples.
November 2017: We’re having a Thanksgiving pre-order special event to thank our loyal customers! $20/Dozen. Email us your order at TheSconeRanger@gmail.com, and include Your name, # of Dozens, Mix-and-Match flavors selected from the image menu, and a contact Phone number.
As of May 2017, Scone Ranger scones are available at the following venues:
- Brews Bros (734 W Sprague, Spokane, WA 99201 – Corners of Post and Sprague, Downtown Spokane)
- Jitterz Java (2135 W Northwest Blvd near TJ Meenach Drive, Spokane, WA 99205)
- Latah Latte (4221 Cheney-Spokane Rd, Spokane, WA 99224)
- Brews Bros North (10413 N Newport Hwy Spokane, WA 99218)
- Tom Sawyer Country Coffee (608 N Maple St. Spokane, WA 99201)
- The Buzz (501 S Thor St, Spokane, WA 99202)
- Jacob’s Java (2301 Monroe St, Spokane WA 99205)
- Something Perfect (604 Bank St. Wallace, ID 83873)
- The Blvd Coffee Company (1127 NW Blvd, Spokane, WA 99205)
- My Fresh Basket (1030 Summit Pkwy, Spokane, WA 99201)
The Scone Ranger is planning to participate in the following events/farmers’ markets in 2017:
- Fairwood Farmers’ Market (319 W Hastings Rd, Spokane, WA 99218) Every Tuesday starting on May 16th and running into October (3-7pm).
- Millwood Farmers’ Market (8910 E Dalton Ave, Millwood, WA 99212) Every Wednesday starting May 31st through the end of September (Excluding July 5th) (3-7pm).
- Spokane Farmers’ Market (20 W. 5th Ave, Spokane, WA 99201) Every Wednesday starting June 14th through October 25th. (8am-1pm).
- Kendall Yards Night Market (1335 W Summit Pkwy, Spokane, WA 99201) Every Wednesday starting May 17th (4-8PM).
- Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market (2310 N Monroe St, Spokane, WA 99205) Every Friday starting June 9th and running through September 29th (3-7pm).
Colleen O’Brien of KXLY news interviews The Passionate Produce Professional and The Singing Scone Ranger at the Spokane Public Market, 2012
“Best scones I’ve ever had! Their gluten free scones are amazing! You can’t even tell that they’re gluten free! The owners are awesome too, they always greet you like a friend and make you feel valued”, said Jayne Jackson
“This scone may have just changed my whole life!” -Amy after tasting the Peppermint Bark scone.
“Ohhhh baby”, Rennie said with her first bite of the Pina Colada scone.
“Yesterday I had one of your Lemon Blueberry scones…you are a genius!” -Chris
“These sugar-free scones are AWESOME!!! I think they are the best sugar-free yet! I shared them with with my co-workers and everybody loved them and said they couldn’t tell that they were sugar-free.” -Jami
“That’s like paradise in my mouth…oh my god, that is so frickin’ good!” -Rebecca
“My taste buds are like jumping in my mouth!” -Brian
“This is phenomenal!” -Kaitlin
“The creative zeal is in the scone.” -Lon
“They are surprisingly moist, mmmm (eyes rolling dreamily), this is wonderful” -Christy
“They’re so sinful…but I NEED one!” -Eileen
“Wow, that’s really good…heaven exploded in my mouth!” -James
“Not the dry, icky ones!” -Jamie
“Best scones I’ve ever eaten!” -Jay
“Not like any scone I’ve ever had!” -Tai
“They are not dried out!” -Arrow
“Oh, oh this is wonderful!” -Kristy
“It’s like eatin’ your own personal birthday cake!” -Roger (the Passionate Produce Professional)
“They’re so addicting…they’re pretty amazing.” – Judy
“I’ve never experienced such deliciousness.” – Michael
Q: “How’s that scone treating you?
A: “Ridiculously” – Ty
“I’ll have Pumpkin Cream Cheese, Gingerbread,
and oh-my-god Orange Cranberry” – Jessica
“They’re frickin’ amazing.” – Erin
“Ohhhh…..Ohhhh” with eyes rolling, closing, and face turning heavenward – Jeric
As for what he said next? Well…it’s a family site. But he thought it was THAT good.
“I don’t think I’ll ever forget that bite”, Laura said upon tasting the German Sweet Chocolate scone for the very first time.
“These strawberry scones are delicious!!! Very moist and the frosting is the perfect touch of sweetness…Yummy!!! This flavor is definitely a keeper.” -Jami